The Victorian Transport Association (VTA) has called for final entries for the 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards (AFIA).
Deadline for nominations is close of business on Monday, 7 September.
Nominations for the following award categories can be lodged here.
- Female Leadership Award – sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
- Personality of the Year Award – sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus
- Investment in People Award – sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
- Application of Technology Award – sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
- Young Achiever Award – sponsored by Daimler Truck & Bus
- Best Practice Safety Award – sponsored by Gallagher
- Sustainable Environment Award – sponsored by National Transport Insurance
“Award criteria can be reviewed at http://www.afiawards.com.au and we are encouraging VTA members and freight and logistics operators Australia-wide to support the awards and our industry by nominating for one or more categories,” said VTA CEO, Peter Anderson.
“It has been encouraging to see a surge in entries this year from interstate freight operators and supplier companies, demonstrating the true national appeal of the Awards,” he said.
The VTA is also continuing to accept registrations for the online presentation of the AFIAs on Sunday, 20 September from 7.30-8.45pm.
This free event will feature live presentations to each of the seven award winners, as well as musical acts and performances from some of Australia’s most notable entertainers.
(Image L-R: VTA CEO, Peter Anderson, Victorian Minister for Ports, Freight and Public Transport, Melissa Horne, Chas Kelly, VTA President, Cameron Dunn.)